Ang4him - A Moment in My Life

Share in the struggles, triumphs and laughter of raising three children,
and homeschooling while working full-time.


Saturday, April 3, 2010

Resurrection Cookies - Smith House 2010

I've made resurrection cookies 2 years ago with my daughter, but this year I decided to be brave and do so with all three kids.  We made it through and they actually all paid attention quite well and really were excited about it.  I must say I was a bit surprised when I asked what happened to Jesus before He was resurrected and my three year old popped up first to say "He died!"  Now the same dear boy almost had his fingers taken off when he decided to sneak a taste from the bowl while the mixer was in it on high speed, but over all it was great.


Boys watching as I spoon out the "tombs"
(Photographer: Tyler)

One finished sheet of our resurrection cookies. 
Ready to be sealed into the oven.

While dishing the mixture onto the cookie sheet to make the mounds representing the tomb Jesus was buried in my daughter informed us the biggest cookie was going to be for her.  I replied by asking her if that is what Easter is all about. 

Austin pops up with "I want the smallest one!"

I smile and said, "I guess Austin gets the whole the last will be first concept."  I was actually kind of proud of him until...

"Yep, the last will be first, which is me!  And that means the first will be last, that's you!" he actually cackled after saying this while pointing to Tyler.

But I still think they got the idea of the whole thing and really enjoyed it.  I can't wait to see the expressions on their faces in the morning when they open the "tomb" they sealed tonight.

Putting the two sheets in the oven - to be left overnight.

The kids "sealing" the oven with tape until morning.

No comments: