Ang4him - A Moment in My Life

Share in the struggles, triumphs and laughter of raising three children,
and homeschooling while working full-time.


Friday, January 30, 2009

Cupcake Logic

My daughter wanted to learn cooking this semester so my husband has stepped up to do the teaching for this subject (he is the best cook in our home after all!) So on the two days that she is not part of the co-op and is doing homeschooling at our home, he is teaching her to cook.

They started with desserts. He told her that one of my favorite cakes is angel food. So they made angel food cupcakes. That night after dinner we enjoyed them with fruit and whipped cream. Yummy!

However, prior to that the boys had to do some taste testing. When I got home from work my 4 year old started telling me about how good the cupcakes were and mentioned that the paper was the best part. My husband looked at him and said, "I told you not to eat the paper. Did you eat it?"

My 4 year old looked up at him, smiled and explained to his "clueless" daddy - that of course he ate the paper. That had all the brown parts of the cake which are the best part!

Now, I must agree the tops of the cake where it is brown is the best, but I don't think I like it enough to eat the paper just to get a bit more of it. However this child of mine is the one that licks the very last morsel of his food from his plate or bowl - so I guess it should not be a surprise that he would eat the cupcake paper since some of the yummy cake was attached. Can't let anything go to waste!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

awwww that's so cute :-)