Ang4him - A Moment in My Life

Share in the struggles, triumphs and laughter of raising three children,
and homeschooling while working full-time.


Sunday, December 21, 2008

From the Mouth of Babes

Jesus told us we needed to be as little children to know Him. I find it amazing how my children understand things so much better than I do at times. Today we were in the car and I was angry at someone for how they had been acting towards me. I know I need to let things go, but today I wanted to hang onto that anger. I wanted to wallow in it for a bit.

My four year old son asked me if we could sing. I told him Mommy did not feel like singing but he could if he wanted to. He started singing in his sweet voice a song I recently taught the kids that goes like this:

Be careful little eyes what you see,
Be careful little eyes what you see,
Cause the Father up above
Is looking down with love,
So be careful little eyes what you see.


He then started the following conversation:

A: Mommy, who is the Father up above?
Me: That is God.
A: Good Job Mommy! You are right. And who is his Holy Son?
Me: That would be Jesus.
A: You are right Mommy!! God our Father sent Jesus because He loves us! And they are always watching over us.

Then he began to sing again, and this is when I realized God was using my 4 year old to remind me of how much He loves me and has forgiven me and that He wants me to do the same -

Be careful little heart what you feel,
Be careful little heart what you feel
Cause the Father up above
Is looking down with love,
So be careful little heart what you feel.

The funny part is that I never taught him the heart verse,, he came up with that himself. We had sang verses about eyes, ears, mouths and even our mind - but never about our heart. That is what I needed right then though. I needed a reminder that what I let my heart dwell on, affects me spiritually. I need to stop wallowing in my anger and bitterness and start to let my heart feel God's love and forgiveness.

From the mouth of babes!

No comments: