Ang4him - A Moment in My Life

Share in the struggles, triumphs and laughter of raising three children,
and homeschooling while working full-time.


Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Current California Legislation

California currently has legislation pending which could be very detrimental to our children's education. As Christian's we need to make a stand for our beliefs and if we are passive and don't let our voice be heard, we have only ourselves to blame.

Therefore, in order to ensure my voice is heard I have done my part to let our Governor know where I stand. If these bills are not vetoed by him by Oct. 14th my understanding is they will become law without his signature.

My daughter is currently in a Christian private school so I have a bit more control over what she is taught and to ensure the "values" she is taught are in line with what I'm teaching her at home. However, the reality is, I have three children and I don't know that I can afford to have all three in private school once my boys get older. And the reality also it that these bills will affect more than our schools in the end if they are passed.

If you live in California and want to learn more about these bills please visit Save California - Campaign for Children & Families. I have also added a link to this site to both of my blogs for future reference.

Here is a video that is referenced on the site as well regarding how similar things are affecting other schools across our nation It's Elementary - Talking about Gay issues in School

No comments: